Radnor Lake State Natural Area celebrated National Trails Day on June 6th with a variety of interpretive programs and special volunteer day with our park visitors as part of a statewide celebration by Tennessee State Parks:
- 6am Sunrise Canoe Float with Ranger Will Peters.
- 6am Sunrise Harris Ridge Hike with Park Manager Steve Ward
- At 8am, 50 park volunteers from Hands on Nashville, REI and Friends of Radnor Lake worked with Ranger Sam King and Ranger Will Peters installing gravel and mulch on sections of the Lake Trail.
- Friends of Radnor Lake and REI staff were both on hand at the West Parking Area to meet/greet park visitors throughout the day. This included t-shirts, prizes for volunteers and lunch for park volunteers.
- At 2pm, Ranger Dustin Crowell and SIR Alex Kenney conducted a birds of prey program and tour of the Barbara J. Mapp Aviary Education Center to conclude National Trails Day.
Thanks to all of our volunteers, park visitors, park staff, REI and Friends of Radnor Lake for making this a great National Trails Day at Radnor!
National Trails Day Sunrise Hike on June 6th, 2015. Pix by Steve Ward
National Trails Day June 6th, 2015. Pix by Ranger Will Peters
National Trails Day June 6th, 2015. Pix by Ranger Sam King
Black Vulture in Aviary _4 by Charlie Tallent